It was free before 11pm if you rsvp'd.

=)

m.
On Friday, October 22, 2004, at 01:39  PM, David Powers wrote:

Yes, unfortunately I couldn't go because I'm incredibly broke since I just moved into a new apartment... Also, every good event in Chicago is on the wrong night... Why is almost all the good stuff in Chicago always on WEEKNIGHTS, I don't get it, some of us work! There have been a million Fridays or Saturdays, on the other hand, when I've been bored out my mind...

~David

---------- Original Message -------------

Subject: Re: (313) The Trax 20 Year Anniversary

Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:04:07 -0500

From: Luis-Manuel Garcia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

To: Matt MacQueen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Why tonight of all nights?!  *sigh*  Somebody tell me how it

goes...I'll be up all night preparing a conference paper...

Luis

Thursday, October 21, 2004

The Trax 20 Year Anniversary

feat. Marshall Jefferson, Farley Jackmaster Funk & Maurice Joshua

Legendary Chicago house label Trax Recordings turns 20, celebrating in

grand fashion with super-rare flashback performances by three of its

musical founding fathers: Marshall Jefferson, Farley Jackmaster Funk &

Maurice Joshua.  It’s difficult to overestimate the impact of Trax

Recordings on the global dance music scene in 1984.  With such seminal

releases as “The House Music Anthem (Move Your Body)” (Marshall

Jefferson), “This Is Acid” (Maurice Joshua), “Funkin’ With The Drums”

(Farley Jackmaster Funk), and many countless more soon-to-be house

classics, Trax was on the fast road to redefining the sound of dance

music today.  Playing a key role in Chicago’s claim to fame as the

origin of house music, Trax’s stable of legendary DJ/Producers is

staggering, including Frankie Knuckles, Fingers Inc., Phuture, Adonis,

and so many more.  Indeed, the echo Trax Recordings started so many

years ago can still be heard loud and clear 20 years later.  What

better way to celebrate a proud Chicago tradition than bringing the

crew back together?

Gotta have house?  Coming right up!!!

FEATURING 6 HOURS OF NON-STOP PREMIUM CHICAGO OLD-SCHOOL HOUSE SPUN BY

THE ONES WHO STARTED IT ALL:

MARSHALL JEFFERSON

MAURICE JOSHUA

FARLEY JACKMASTER FUNK

Lower Level:

DJ Flipside / www.djflipside.com

Round-Bar:

Mark Centennial / Heaven & Earth Division Ben Greene / Sound-Bar

Free before 11pm with RSVP http://www.purefuture.com/html/rsvp.php

$10 thereafter

Sound-Bar

226 W. Ontario St.