I've certainly got no desire to start it, for me tho one of the most dangerous things about techno is it brings people together, we just need to take care that we don't turn in on ourselves, that for me is the greatest weapon we have. If we all split and don't take care of our own, we've already lost.

Martin

On 26 Nov 2004, at 08:36, Odeluga, Ken wrote:

despite the fractiousness on that subject (and others!) which we often
experience here on 313 - and perhaps because of it, there is an
atmosphere of relatively greater understanding of the issues involved
and I'd even go so far as to say some greater enlightenment too,
compared to the 'real world'. I'd like to take that as a further sign of
the better evolutionary tendencies observable (not exclusively of
course, but it's a good sign) in people who like any music which is good
for the soul and mind and body.

OK, if you folks want to, go ahead and have The Annual 313 Flame War
about Race! ;-). 2004 was just sneaking out the door hoping to escape
that but you caught her!

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 25 November 2004 21:33
To: Martin Dust; 313@hyperreal.org; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: (313) like syl johnson said....

because whether or not this music is relevant or not depends on a few
criteria...one of them happens to be trend...another, creativity...fresh
ideas in relation to simultaneously happening creative mediums...and
niether
last or least...what, in relation to reality, does it offer...if it only
offers escapism it won't always be relevant because people are always
finding new ways to escape...

and besides...i would like to get past the point of fighting over it
once
and for all...you know? come to a concensous (sp) either it is or is not
part of the music...i think it is, and so do alot of the artists
involved in
shaping it's vocabulary, everyone doesn't have to but it shouldn't make
us
squeemish...the tension and release is what swing is all about anyway!

cheers