Personally - I think it's all rubbish - as you can use any controller with plenty of nobs and sliders - you just have to stop wanting to change it into decks 1 and two because if that's all you are going to do, you may as well use decks.

People do seem to want to replicate what on screen to a controller, but when you've had hours of practice this simply doesn't matter.

My two cents
Martin