On Dec 8, 2004, at 6:46 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Philip Glass - Kundun, Mishima, Powaqqatsi (and the other two in the
trilogy), the Fog of War, etc.

I will happily second "Mishima". I just got through watching Naqoyqatsi (third in the trilogy) today. While I was impressed with the artistic intent and logic of the film, it didn't grab me visually or musically as much as 1 or 2. If you've seen the first 2 though, you have to complete the trilogy.

OB313 reference: the opening scenes compare an illustration of the Tower of Babel with the Michigan Central Train Station
http://www.ferestenphoto.com/facts.html

--
Ian