Subject: RE: (313) A possible reason for so much off-topic...(Basic B'stard)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 15:30:51 -0000
From: "Odeluga, Ken" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "kj at technotourist dot org" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,

And yeah some people do mention new techno records here but if no one
responds to that people stop mentioning them because they think this
lists doesn't care about that.

KJ
---
http://technotourist.org
*************

I've noticed this too KJ. Maybe if anyone wants to remedy this, I might
be able to offer the opportunity! :-) I'm interested in this series of
Orlando Voorn releases on Ignitor. They have a peculiar history, as far
as I can see. In fact, I hadn't recognized the 'Basic Bastard' project
as a Voorn one until they started to appear on Ignitor (the label deal
with Submerge.) He had had a number of releases under the BB tag on
Spiritual records in the mid-90s. I passed on them because I thought
they were little more than bangin' nonsense. When 'Cruisin' appeared
(the first BB) on Ignitor, I was intrigued because it was the first
Ignitor track (I think) after one of my favorites of last year,
'Diligent'. But when I heard it, I was surprised because it was really
linear and far less sophisticated a piece than 'Diligent'. Still far
away from the average 'mono' tackle but not all that special really,
imo. It now turns out that apart from 'Cruisin', the BB tracks are
pretty old.

It'd be nice to know what some other people think of the series. I think
this is a worthwhile topic because it's about a veteran 313-related
artist with a solid body of past work, a lot of which I *do* like,
despite my wariness about the Basic Bastard material.

(Silence follows, I bet! ;-)