I have been told that the contract is being re-negotiated again.
People have been very critical of the last 2 festivals but they have no idea
of the difficultities. I am astounded there has been a festival in 2003/2004
at all. In almost any other city in the world staging a festival there would
be (1) major support from the city, (2) corporate support and (3) a
supportive media. But staging a festival without those? I think it's only
the tenacious people in Detroit who could make it happen. I think Derrick
and Co are amazing.