I think there's a place in the world for Simon Reynolds, but
like most music journalists, he's essentially making a career
out of sniping from the sidelines, and someone who does that
for a living can only be seen as an inspiration by people who
aspire to that sort of position.

I have to admit, I often prefer to read opinions (on music as
well as other subjects) that conflict with my own; even though
I'd ideally prefer these opinions to be better articulated than
Simon Reynolds' often are!

Brendan