On Thu Jan  6 16:17 , Andrew Duke Cognition Audioworks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent:

>Kent Williams wrote:
>
>>I probably won't ever play anyone a 'big recognizable sample bite'
>>track until I do better than Paul Johnson did with Sam Cooke's "A
>>Change Is Gonna Come."  That track is way more post-modernly
>>delicious, emotional and political, than any track that drops MLK
>>samples.
>>
>My fave that uses a huge chunk of something is Ji Hoo (Jori Hulkkonen)'s
>use of Willie Hutch's "Give
>Me Some Of That Good Old Love" (from the "Foxy Brown" album) on "Let Me
>Luv U" (released on
>F Commications in 1997).  One version of the Jii Hoo release even had a
>picture of Pam "Foxy Brown" Grier on
>the cover.

Andrew,

In yet another in the series of odd serndipites, I just bought this
http://www.discogs.com/release/31364 record on Christmas
Eve, for the original and (scarcely different) Muzique Tropique remix (on a
whim b/c it was cheap). Had never heard of it
before and had no idea it was a Willie Hutch sample. Does anyone else have
crucial Willie Hutch recommendations other
than 'Brother's gonna work it out'?

I'd be really hard pressed to name my favourite extensive bite (as somehow
different than an edit). I'm still such a big fan
of all that Cajual stuff it'd be hard to name one. 'Change is Gonna Come' has
gotta be one of the better ones though. When
Paul Johnson is on, he's really on.

Tristan