You're right to be a sceptic. The catch is right there:
"eXeem(tm) is free and is ad-supported. eXeem(tm) is currently still in its
beta testing phase, which means that the network might not be completely stable
yet."

Ad supported and unstable? Why would I do that? Ad supported. Sorry...that's a
dealbreaker for me. Bittorrent is solid.

Kamal K. Stoddard
Turner Broadcasting Systems

** I am exactly what I wanted to become since I was 5 years old. Since 5 year
olds are not noted for mature judgement and sometimes aspire to piracy or
gunfighting, this is not necessarily a sign of success. **