See - that's got the track by The Visions of Shiva which is Cosmic Baby and
Paul Van Dyk

it's all these classically trained guys with their aspirations to be
Tangerine Dream and Wagner rolled into one who spoiled the brew

from discogs:
"Cosmic Baby (Harald Blüchel) was born at 19/Feb/1966 in Nuremberg, a
classically trained concert pianist who began at the Nuremberg Conservatory
at the tender age of 7, he has been composing pieces for synthesizer since
discovering Tangerine Dream and Kraftwerk in 1980."

Isn't BT also classically trained?  I recall reading a fair number of years
ago, I think it was a mid 90s Mixmag issue, an interview with Van Dyk where
he said how he appreciated classical music and how he wanted to take
electronic dance music into a more classical music direction.

MEK

             "Mann, Ravinder"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             ac.uk>                                                     To
                                       "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
             01/28/05 09:51 AM         "
                                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
                                       "M : A : T : R : I : X"
                                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                                                        cc
                                       313@hyperreal.org, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: (313) No Movement 2005?

To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to
http://disclaimer.leedsmet.ac.uk/email.htm

I remember this compilation had a vol2 to it too. For me this was
'Progressive' (is that as bad as Intelligent Techno) House moving to what
we
now call Trance. Builds up and break down an all that.

http://www.discogs.com/release/216857