I wonder what form the payment would take?

This reminds me of Tom Middleton posting on a noticeboard to find out what
people's ultimate best ever compilation tracks would be. He used many of these
suggestions to make his 'The Trip' compilation and didn't credit anyone on the
sleeve. Presumably he also stacked a fair bit of cash from this endeavour,
which I imagine he spent on silly hats or something.

Not saying that Laurent Garnier is doing the same thing (i.e. a skank), but
whenever I hear of such 'opportunities' these days I'm always a touch more
cynical than previously