i would suspect that the payment comes in the form of having your idea turned into reality....whether that is worth anything is up to the contestant to decide ;)

on of my "designer" friends is entering, so i guess thats a decent form of retribution for him :)

fab.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Bean" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "fab." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 4:03 PM
Subject: Re: (313) Laurent Garnier Contest

I wonder what form the payment would take?

This reminds me of Tom Middleton posting on a noticeboard to find out what people's ultimate best ever compilation tracks would be. He used many of these suggestions to make his 'The Trip' compilation and didn't credit anyone on the sleeve. Presumably he also stacked a fair bit of cash from this endeavour, which I imagine he spent on silly hats or something.

Not saying that Laurent Garnier is doing the same thing (i.e. a skank), but whenever I hear of such 'opportunities' these days I'm always a touch more cynical than previously

You wrote:
Hi,

Laurent Garnier is having a contest, or 3 rather, for aspiring remixers,
filmmakers and screenwriters in order to promote his latest lp "The Cloud
Making Machine".

Basically you can either submit a remix of his track "Controlling the
House", or make a video for "Waiting for my Plane", or write a film synopsis
on "The Cloud Making Machine".

all the details are available on his site www.thecloudmakingmachine.com -
just click on the Contest link.

pretty cool huh?

fab.
----
CITYMORB MUSIC
www.citymorb.net | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
----
next release: CTM001 Receptor - Moving Head