funny you should mention that - I've noticed that most of the music I've
been buying lately and playing has been slower tempo.  Haven't clocked the
bpms yet but I'd say they are 120 and slower.  Like the Rekid "Era" EP on
SoulJazz.
I just dig the slow simmer - and I can then mix dub/reggae, slower electro,
acid house, old funk records, etc. into it without distorting the vocals.

is because I've been looking for it or is there more new music
(techno/house) with low bpm now than there has been in the last five years?

MEK

             robin
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             ctric.com>                                                 To
                                       "Aidan O'Doherty" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
             03/24/05 09:32 AM                                          cc
                                       313@hyperreal.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: (313) stasis

 > and may two/three years ago. wasn't that enjoyable, but some dj in
the other room was great,
 >playing theo/moodyman-style tracks and other people place 'let me be
what i wanna be' slooowwwwweeddd right down.

so i notcied mr. octex do this in his recent mix and i've been doing
this for a while too... (no bandwagons here :) )

such a great tune in, fact that whol other people place lp is timeless.

robin...