From: "Simon Hindle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Which brings me to an interesting question for you all:
>
>What track have you listened to and not bothered picking up, only
to subsequently hear it on a big system and then realise that you
must have it IMMEDIATELY, to the point of even nicking it off the DJ?

well it wasnt hearing it on a big system, it was hearing it played
in the right place in a set that made it all make sense suddenly
for me...

the tune is spinna's remix of shaun escoffery's "days like this".
that track was brutalized here by all the nyc house type deejays
and their sets always bore me to death, so it just sounded like
any other NYC vocal house cut. then one day a friend of mine
played it in just the right way where suddenly i realised that it
was the f*cking jam. it took a while to hunt down, but i finally
got it. i must have passed on that record 10 times while it was
around.

tom

andythepooh.com