I think his stuff is pretty good. I'm over the "who's imitating who"  argument
though as it really gets into how much history you know and how far back you
care to trace. All said though, I think the guy makes very interesting music
that doesn't sound too obviously like anything else. Depends on your personal
line between influence and biting I guess though. The diamonds and pearls stuff
is some of his best IMO. the chicago track had enough weight and feeling to
blow him up by itself (god knows there have been one hit wonders for less
appealing fare <anita ward> <cough>). And to be quite honest, I'd much rather
hear imitations of the Mseries or KDJ than more imitations of electro-house or
the blander Nuyorican moments.

The next few lines have nothing to do with 313. it's just me being hella mad.
So whatever.

Oh yeah, can anyone tell me why this stupid-axss girl keeps coming to the 80's
night that I play and asking me to put on the fxcking postal service?!!!! I
heard the song, told her dumb-axss I wasn't gone play it, and she stood in
front of the decks and stared at me until I took it and put it behind the
decks. Then she came back again and I threw that shxt across the floor like a
frisbee. No joke, she picked it up,  came back and said, "I think someone
dropped this over there, and I didn't want you to think you'd lost it or
anything..."  WTF? It ain't even mine! Dammmmmm... I hate dumb tricks.

Kamal K. Stoddard
Turner Broadcasting Systems