On May 5, 2005, at 12:20 PM, /0 wrote:

might I add that rob halls detroit appearance is being labeled as a GESCOM set?

wait, you mean GESCOM doesn't equal kids with pacifiers, candy necklaces, inflatable huge white mickey-mouse gloves, rave glow whistles, chipmunk vocal samples and cartoon themes in every track? Maybe someone needs post a mix of the GOOD happy hardcore, cause that's all i remember what I saw/heard and I was absolutely shocked (and maybe this is just my US-outlook bias, UK'ers seem to have connected with it more?) that it lasted as long as it did... Admittedly, i guess i ran screaming the opposite direction and never looked back. I thought it was utterly disposable, and embarrassing distant retarded cousin to other forms of electronic music at the time.

It sounds like there's some people on here that think it's legit... so school me.

PS - come to think of it, my favorite skam record is probably the first GESCOM EP one with 'cicada' on it... time to dig that out again and atone for my happy hardcore resistance? maybe if you play it backwards at 45 it's hardcore ;)

--
MM
http://sonicsunset.com