well how about this
there's these dope tracks by this guy in atlanta, men with no bones.
i want them on vinyl but he doesnt even want to release them.
well he BETTER!! else i am just going to bootleg them. i mean now he's got fair
warning so he's just plain STUPID if he doesnt put them out, knowing what will
happen.

or. ok. our macho cat record sold out and had another 500 orders at least. we
want to repress it someday maybe. but we want to do other sh:t right now. um we
own that sh:t. we should feel safe in our ownership of it. we are not going to
skip whatever else we have planned just because some people out there want it
and are impatient. its ours. nobody else tells us what to do with it. that
notion is totally ridiculous i cant believe how thickheaded this
counter-argument is. property is a pretty basic concept, you're all a bunch of
flower sniffing hippies

>your comparison is so flawed. classic cars are "bootlegged" by
companies other than the ones who made them, except theyre called
"kits". you can build any of those classic joints on easy and
cheap to find frames for mere fractions of what an original in
mint condition would cost you. again, there is demand, someone
steps in and supplies it. the entire capitalist system functions
on this premise.

tom

andythepooh.com