No it's not... it is not OK to bootleg records in the first place. The music is the intellectual property of the writer/producer, they have the rights to decide what is going to happen with there music, not someone who has absolutely no involvement in his music whatsoever.

Excuses like 'well he released the record once but i can't find it so bootlegs are ok' are not valid...ever. All of the artists on Virtual Sex are still very much alive but guess what... no one asked them and no-one will pay them sh*t. If you think you want to release a track from an artist go and ask his permission to do so, if he says no, respect that choice because it is his music, he made it and it is not some public property. But guess what bootleggers don't do that because a) they are way to lazy for this or b) to greedy or probably a combination of these 2.

Also don't come-up with excuses like well they should have taken care that there records are still available but apparentlyyou never tried to run a small independent record label. Most record labels are very short on cash, and taking a gamble on releasing a record is a big one, they might loose lots of money if they sell just 200 instead of 500 or whatever you invested. So picture this you are an artist and you have to choose between releasing some exciting new material or some classic you made 10 years ago... what would you do?

So now can we quit this discussion on bootlegs and stop making up excuses to tell that bootlegs are good because they aren't. Bootlegging it just greedy... if you really want to buy them that is fine but don't come to me telling me that bootlegging is a good thing.

KJ