From: fab. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 08 June 2005 10:38
To: 313@hyperreal.org; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: (313) Planet-E Bootlegs?

my 2 eurocent:

just because there is a demand it doesn't mean that there *has* to be an

offer.

if the original artists don't want to repress some amazing
long-out-of-stock
record from back in tha day, they are free to do so...it makes the
record in
question all the more legendary. it's also in their right to do as they
wish.

then again, capitalism (or keynesian microeconomics or whatever) teaches
us
that if there is a demand, there will also, at some point, be an offer -
cue
unscrupulous bootleggers.

so to conclude, all i can say is that its the *consumers* who decide,
whether to keep crooks like HTFR in business by buying their stuff, or
instead buy conscientiously and showing that there isnt a market for
illegal
bootlegs. it's a buyer's market so to speak....

fab.