Maarten Baute wrote:
I noticed that the rotating assembly's "mess i made" (appears on the natural
aspirations album) is a cover of a song originally written by ltg exchange
(listen here: http://music.rushhour.nl/shop/31185.mp3). I didn't notice any
credits on the vinyl sleeve of the natural aspirations album. That makes it
stealing, right? I thought that when covering a song, you always should
mention the original composer. Jurren?

stealing isn't really the right word, but if you use someone elses composition, you will need approval of the composer (assuming the composer still owns the rights to the composition) to perform or record the performance of the composition. i don't know if the rotating assembly has received permission to cover the song. under Dutch law the composer is entitled to being credited as the author of the composition (article 25 Dutch Copyright Act). so it is up to the composer to decide whether or not he/she wants to be credited. (not mentioning the original composer is "ok" as long as the composer does not complain). dunno if it is the same way in the USA.

jurren