Seeing as most of you f*ckers never trim your messages, I'm going to inflict a
retributive all-in-one response to three digests. That'll learn ya.

But first, anyone heard a new EP from Chris Lowe of the Pet Shop Boys? I think
it's called 'The other guy from the Pet Shop Boys'. Anyway... I have a faint
memory of hearing it last weekend and thinking that it sounded like some proper
beauty techno. Gonna have to give it another listen.

I have so far made the mistake of not picking up the new ERP on DownLow. This I
must rectify.

Forgot about my first gig ever. Front 242 @ The Riviera in Chicago (same place
Ministry's 'In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up Live' video was filmed) on
the Tyranny For You tour. Insane. Forty minutes of dark swirling ambience
before they came on while 10 massive dudes created a pit that took up 1/2 the
dancefloor. Then... this enormous, tatooed bald guy started lording over the
pit, moseying backwards through it with utter command. HE WAS THE HEADHUNTER!
Anyway... they finally came on and totally destroyed. Such a stage presence. A
great way to have my gig-going cherry popped.

Thing I'm happiest I saw before they either died, disbanded or lost it: Skinny
Puppy in Milwaukee on the Last Rights tour. That was mental.

I only have 'If there was no gravity' on CD. :/

Dan Bean's Iality night gets a hearty recommendation from this quarter.

Alex, Carlos pretty-much answered the Dimlite question. It's really good
super-electronic hip hop, without much rapping, but some crazy pitched-down
vocals in places. Dan Bean summed it up well when he told me it's
'psychedelic'. It's really original, covers lots of ground within each song and
holds together really well as an Album (note the capital A). Not a regrettable
moment on it.

Carlos, what's Pascal Schafer like as a DJ? I'm intrigued. Fairly new to him
myself, but his music is wicked.

Jurren, totally with you on the Quasimoto album, especially side D, although
the rest is growing on me.

James, New York is totally snuggling up to Detroit. Check the latest Kerri
Chandler, 'Bar a Tyne'. Sounds like Octave One with Kerri Chandler beats. I'm
hit or miss on the whole thing, but this hits. Hard.

Some new rekkids really floating my boat that I haven't seen posted about yet,
although I'm somewhat behind on [313]:

Henrik Schwarz/Juju Christian on Zepellin: both tracks wicked. Henrik Schwarz'
'Jeff' goes minimal via incessant tweeks to an off-kilter jazz sample - winds
up sounding techno to my ears. Nutty! Juju Christian's sounds like KDJ-esque
Detroit house

Aardvarck - Cult Copy Pt. 3: Probably the best in the series. Mix 2 KILLS!

Just One - Soul Revolution [Neroli]: Includes a crazy remix of Love to Love,
and 'Soul Revolution' is fairly similar to it, but probably even better. More
coherent

Kahil El'Zabar & The Kemit Sources - Our Time is Now: Nice IG Culture mix but
the Kemit Sources original shows it up. Great vocals and subtle electronics
behind a typically deep Kemit Sources beat

Kaito - Color of Feels [Kompakt]: One of his best releases. The B-side gets a
bit too trancey but the A-side is just great hyper-emotive techno, as he does

Triola - Im Remixraum [Kompakt]: Two remixes from Robag/Wighnomy. First thing
I've bought that he's touched. Very ethereal for clicky stuff. One of the
originals is quite good as well.

There... my two recent Kompakt recommendations.

Kerri Chandler - The Dark One, The Moon and the Candle Maker [Deeply Rooted
House]: A side is his tribute to Steve Reich, called 'Six Pianos'. He does a
good job of mimicing Reich's style w/o Destroying the house in it. Winds up
reminding me vaguely of 'In the Light of a Miracle'

Kerri Chandler - The Sunslice Festival Project Vol. 1 [Night Grooves]: Bar a
Tyne is the Octave One style track I mentioned above. Give it a listen you'll
probably be surprised

KLF vs. Ricardo Villalobos - What Time is Love [Blaou]: A return to form? Not
boring at all, quite musical and bearing no resemblance to the original. This
might surprise people too

Shawn Rudiman - Souns from the Inside [Sound Architecture]: Four equally nice
tracks with some hints of Basic Channel. B1 stands out the most. Probably my
favourite Rudiman record to date

Dwight Trible & The Life Force Trio - Equipoise [Ninja Tune]: This may seem a
stretch for [313] but Dwight Trible belts out some seriously dark soul and the
Madlib/Daedilus/Carlos Ninos produced track sounds well techno. Every track is
dope. His voice is incredible

Brooks - Enormous Members' Club [Soundslike]: While I count myself as a big
Brooks fan, I'm not feeling the new album whatsoever. Akufen to the rescue!
This remix will really shock some people. Deep as hell slower funk. Nice!

AFX - Analord 8 [Rephlex]: I passed on 6 and 7 and got this for the
B12-sounding track. Fans of mid-90s British techno prick up your ears

Ammon Contact - New Birth [Ninja Tune]: Again, perhaps a stretch but some of
this SO techno. Give it a try

Tristan
=======
[EMAIL PROTECTED]