..

i think the point is beyond the format -- it's just whole new way of presenting musik and reaching the audience. MP3 and other digital musik formats are not really young anymore, it's just that now they've evolved in something really useful, bearing acceptable quality, modern distribution network and decent replay/mixing tools.

i'm still buying CD and vinyl releases but i'm really glad for the new digital distribution trend anyhow, even if it's killing traditional means of music industry. the world is forever changing but everyone is free to keep their favorite relics and just keep on doin' it

my 2 santims,

///Z

Stoddard, Kamal wrote:
   Its an amzing world out there, and any MP3 snobs should stop
   lording over their vinyl collections, and just take interest
   in a format that is allowing a huge number of artists to release
   music to the world.

   .simon

The world is quite amazing isn't it? I was thinking that on the way in
to work!

I agree about taking interest, but taking interest in a concept and
supporting a format (and all it's limitations) are different. I am
intensely interested in the concept of fully digital music presentation,
but like Francois k said on dhp that time, the concept doesn't really
work consistently on the professional level until you start closing in
on uncompressed quality (really uber-high bitrates and large files). So
I probably won't bother with full steam digital until the format is
expanded to include high quality files. But then again you're talking to
the guy who buys 4 pairs of levi's 501's every spring and feels fashion
conscious so.... Maybe I'm just habitual, or maybe I only accept the
best, depends on your take on jeans and music.
Kamal K. Stoddard
Turner Broadcasting Systems