At 03:54 PM 6/24/2005, Tristan Watkins wrote:
But hell, 32 bit 96 KHz is nothing. Why not go for one of those audiophile formats like Sony's 1 bit 2.1 MHz DVD audio format which is meant to replicate the stream of analogue audio more accurately than larger bit types? No clue what kind of file sizes you'll get with that, but I think it's similar to the 5 channel 24 bit 96 KHz files from that other DVD audio format, which is large.

don't those get compressed like the rest of DVD content usually does? I mean, Dolby AC-3 doesn't have noticeable glitches (usually) and that's compressed 5.1.

1 bit 2.1MHz is 15.2 Mbytes / minute per channel. I assume that's like a 1-bit DAC.
32-bit (floats not ints, I presume) 96kHz is 22.5 Mbytes / minute per channel.
24-bit 96kHz is 16.9 Mbytes / minute per channel.
--
/* Halley */ (Halley's comment.)
matt kane's brain