-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 06 July 2005 10:44
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) Chicago House At Root of Detroit Techno? (Was
Galoppierende Zuversicht or Nobody Listens to Techno)

>Now of course besides Cybotron, can anyone else
>name some artists who were producing music in such a vein in the US at
>the time?

>Hi Ken. Think your pretty spot on with most points, but regards same
music
same time etc, I think you could point to the electro records of the
same
period and pretty much concede that they didn't really sound so
different.
I don't think cybotron was so different to these..? I don't think it
stands
out retrospectively, and I don't think it did at the time either. or I
don't think so anyway. now, if you put no ufo's alongside most electro
records, then that obviously stands out as 'different', but clear, I
dont
reckon so much.

****

Yeah you right dude. The original 'Moskow Diskow' by Telex is a good
example from the other side of the pond. The crucial thing I think
though is conscious realization. They didn't call it 'techno' I think. I
think a lot of the Europeans would have also baulked at calling what
they were doing 'electro'. The spirit was similar though, I grant you.

As I said I was giving a point of view - to show the diversity of
opinion, whilst not being fully behind it. (Am I irresponsible?!;-)

I feel personally that it's quite ok to retrospectively realize that
there was a thread in all that music which leads to what we called
techno in the 90s and what we call techno today. (This is just my own
two shekels' worth though).

Ken