Acid Man wrote:

Still not getting this italo thing....

I've really been really trying aswell

it's almost as if they know i am enjoying it and then they go and put
this horrible synth or some stupidly bad singing in it just to ruin
it....

some silly money exchanging hands for it aswell

***

I'm with you on this I think, Paul. The slightly weird thing is that I
am quite a fan of the stuff which has been *influenced* by so-called
Italo - I-F, Passarani and the Nature/Pigna things in general and more
(inc. some Viewlexx).

I say so-called, 'cause when I were a lad - admittedly, that was about
50 decades ago - Italian dance music was basically straight-up and quite
'black' disco. All I need to say is Change (and other Mauro Malavasi
projects) for you to know what I'm meaning. That group was a start for
Vandross and Jocelyn Brown after all. And of course one must mention
Moroder. It wasn't this
'so-naff-it's-good-Casio-made-electronic-teen-disco'!

Anyway, I know I'm being slightly harsher than I mean to be and not
entirely serious. But in general, also, I'm not feeling it. And perhaps
the bigger problem is that people who *are* feeling it, seldom play what
they regard as the really good stuff so I can get some sort of education
in my idiot head about it! Alex, I don't think you dropped any in Public
Life did you?!? ;-)
I can't remember the last DJ who bends my ear about Italo, who played an
Italo track out. Rick Hopkins (Haywire) is a rare exception.

Ken