I file my records by shape - all the round ones go in a box
:D

Actually, I tend to go with label, artist, sound.
Depends on how I remember the artist - all UR, Red Planet, etc. goes
together, all Axis (and Jeff Mills) into another
then if an artist is on a particular label and I'd think  of the artist
before the label then it goes into a section with only that artist
If it doesn't fall into those catagories then I group it by similar sounds.
It's constantly changing or course

Right now it's a complete mess
MEK

             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             com
             08/01/05 06:40 AM         313@hyperreal.org
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       (313) filing your records

get this 313, I have nearly put all my records in alphabetical order. woo.

now I'm making divder cards at work "a" "b" etc... also some artists too.
e.g. "carl craig". woo. i'm gonna have the most organised record collection
in the world.

but, now I have a problem. say in my carl craig section, do I put 'psyche'
in there or what, or does that go under 'p'?

what about compilations? also split eps? arrrgggh.

VOTE NOW> One Carl Craig Section, or "Carl Craig"/"69"/"Psyche"/"BFC" in
seperate sections?

thanks

alex

This e-mail is sent by the above named in
their individual, non-business capacity and
is not on behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP.

PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP may monitor
outgoing and incoming e-mails and other
telecommunications on its e-mail and
telecommunications systems. By replying
to this e-mail you give your consent to such monitoring.