On Sep 19, 2005, at 2:56 PM, Kent Williams wrote:

One that stands out is on the Blood & Fire re-issue of the Congos'
"Heart of the Congos" -- in particular the bonus CD's 12" versions of
"Congoman" and "Congoman Chant"  This is some deep mystery music, and
on the utilitarian side they have a 4/4 120 bpm pulse. Frickin
awesome.

Anyone else got their favorites? Lance, you should have a few!

These are the Carl Craig Edits, no?

I have to chime in with a dub fave.

"Kylyn" by Japanese percussionist "Pecker"
21st Century Dub (ROIR, 1991 [orig. released 1980])

The first time I heard this track I got chills, and it does it to me every time. Vocals are otherworldly.

Not very techno, but you DO have two turntables, right?
--
Ian