From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 5:55 AM
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: (313) slsk

Hey

A while back when I was debating experimenting with filesharing (and can we
please miss discussing the morality of this this one time - we've done it
before and the points have been made, I use it for one thing only: checking
out records I have an inclination to buy before doing so, usually older
pieces which are only available second hand and so don't have mp3s up on
shop sites) everybody recommended Soulseek.
I've been using it for a while now but to be honest I'm not finding it as
useful for listening to rarities as I hoped.
For example right now I'm searching for Aquarian Project, t'n' i (I'm after
tracks by these 2 I was tipped off about by posts on this list!) and
"Instant House" and coming up with zero results and for Insync and only
getting 3 results (but that does prove my setup is actually working in some
fusion).  At the time someone recommended leaving the search going for a
little while, these have been going for days.
I remember at the time someone saying "you can get anything you want -
Bulgarian folk bands etc.", obviously this isn't what I'm finding, what is
other people's experience?