>It's his take on post-punk - PIL, Gang Of Four, Devo, Talking Heads etc - much
>better than Energy Flash, less pretentious and much more thoughtful.
>Mind you, I thought Reynolds was spot on about drugs and hardcore

I wouldn't say 'spot on'. He had a view and that view was open for discussion.
In the beginning of the book his remarks on drugs made sense, but were more
prominent  then needed. But near the end it became too much. All that talk
about hardcore and whatever came after... it became boring... and made me stop
reading it. There are very good parts in the book and he made sense most of the
time, but it's just too long and too much.