On Fri, October 14, 2005 6:19 pm, Todd Sines wrote:
> well.. the stuff that Kenny + Theo have done has thankfully stretched
> out over the last 8-10 years. As for the Omar S stuff, it seems like 6
> records came out within the last 8 months?! I guess I'm the opposite.
> one record every 2 years!

well there's definitely been a progression to omar's stuff. initially, he
definitely had a theo/kenny vibe, but with some of the jams on his album,
the oasis stuff (especially 14), aos-007, etc his sound has gotten much
more clean and he's starting to remind me of dan bell more than anyone
else really. or maybe a slower rob hood.

> oh yeah... Marcellus Pittman just did an EP on Omar S... good, but
> weird and not as housey as the other stuff he's done for others.

it was definitely weird. his track with rick wilhite on that still music
comp is pretty twisted as well. i have this white label from about a year
and a half ago that he did that hasnt come out that is really nice, its
minimal and bleepy but still maintains that three chairs flavor. i heard
it was supposed to come out for real, but that was months ago.

tom