> I meant I also would like to hear the answers MEK got, since
> he asked for off-list reply. Its good to hear what else
> people have to say about your own city...

Well, it doesn't seem as if anyone has anything to say about Sao Paulo
didn't get a single reply about the local music scene there.

I know there's stuff going on in the favelas as I've come across one
website that mentioned a hip-hop group
other than that - can't find anything yet the points to specific people

I don't care if it's techno or some really hot traditional Latin band - I'm
just trying to find out if I was to visit there (hypothetically) what/who
would be the "you gotta make sure you go see XXXXXXX"

not looking for Rio but would expand out to the surrounding area of Sao
Paulo

MEK