From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

        Sent: 17 October 2005 16:00
        To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
        Subject: RE: (313) Sao Paulo Music Scene...?

        Michael

        Sorry I've been short of time and so didn't reply, thinking
basically my info is 2 years old and I was only there a week so the **** do
I know?  Given time Guilherme may post something - especially if you prompt
him by saying "so it's your city eh?"  : )  Then again maybe he's busy
stealth stalking UR round Liverpool with Alex.
        Anyway for what I know - we went to Urbano (I'll try and get my map
out tonight and get you the district, think it was Pinheiros) on Monday
night - kind of funk / hip hop / R&B, full of amazing looking ladies!  Nice
for a first night there which it was for us.  We were recommended Ampgalaxy
(see e-mail copied below, when in your position - and in my pre 313 years -
I decided to e-mail Crammed, a label that has SP connections and was lucky
that they turned out to be really nice, passing my request for info over to
one of their artists) a nice little place that operates in a kind of bar
downstairs clothing shop (from which I still have 2 treasured T-shirts)
upstairs place who's main night is (or was) Tuesdays.  Blen Blen have (had)
stuff on most nights.  I came across a collective called BEC (Brazilian
Electronic Community) in a different part of SP (map again) who put stuff
on, I think they had connections with some harder acid (SUF etc?) nights in
London so I don't know how they'll be, I took a recommendation from them for
my last night there and ended up in some mad kind of camp, high NRG place
off Avenue Paulista with a DJ on a platform, wearing only a thong, doing
body building poses between (non) mixes.
        One strange (and for English people potentially hazardous) thing I
found was that in some clubs you're given a card on entry, have it marked
when you get drinks and then leave via a supermarket checkout looking place
round the back where you have to pay for the night's drinks.

        Francis