Aaargh... I feel OLD!

Jason
On 18 Oct 2005, at 20:58, Benoît Pueyo wrote:

About european djs :

1) The older the producers are, the less they had to produce to proove their dj skills and improve them in gigs. Example : Cox, Garnier or Vath... Though they produced more or less good tracks aftert having started to DJ its not what makes them famous and/or good.

2) After that you have the producers that started (very) young at the moment there were quite few people on the scene (Adam Beyer etc.) they are still under 30 and really famous / good (matter of taste).

3) Talking about the under 25 people, well these ones had to produce to be heard as DJs. The techno industry burst with new labels consisting of fruity loops / reason techno (more or less good, once more). This had the result to create very ephemere "stars".

After a few years and now the techno records / events do not sell anymore, only the oldies and the "bankables" ones for the labels, distributors and promoters.

Conclusion : young and good talents don't emerge becasue nobody wants to risk money on them.

--
Benoît.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :

It is true...but you can generally tell, signs of old age...
1. balding, note shaved heads are very 2001 2. glasses or hearing aids 3. complaining when events end later than 2am. But seriously, I think that most of the Grime genre artists from the UK are under 25, like I said we were pressed to come up with names of younger folks into the techy stuff. B. Calloway from Submerge is early 20s. Not that I think that youth = innovation or hipness but when I look at artists that I have cared about for a long time, their younger work really stands the test of time. Unfortunately, the young or lack there of is really noticable at clubs in the bay area, all you smell on the dance floor is ben gay. Tom

wow - good question, problem is I don't really ever pay attention to how old any particular artist is (how many of them advertise thier age anyway?)

MEK

[EMAIL PROTECTED] t.net To 10/18/05 01:21 PM 313@hyperreal.org cc Subject (313) Who do you like that is under 25?

My friend and I were talking about producers and djs within the
techno/detroit/electronic big genre who we liked that were under 25 y/o. We were pressed to come up with names, not that we are ageist, but is
techno the new adult contemporary?
You folks know your music, who is worth watching or hearing that isn't just
another jaded generation x er.
tom