I'm one of the peeps who rave about him Dan so watch it! ;-)

I love that 'Butterfly' track on the Beatdown comp and I can't
understand why anyone thinks it's naff. Listen to the virtuousity of his
phrasing counterpointed against the of the percussion line. Magic!

I have started to notice his phrasing even when he's not credited - for
instance - on the earlier editions of Mike Grant's 'Cool Peepl' version
of Shari Vari (on the Puzzlebox comp and later on the 10" white label).
This tells me he ain't no common or garden keys man or pre-set merchant.
(Amp Fiddler is another one who plays quite recognizable shapes, albeit
a bit less so given that he's more 'synthy'.)

Ken