From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 07 November 2005 16:21
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) New York

A friend of mine stayed at a strange and fairly cheap little hotel
called the Carlton Arms not too long ago.  All the rooms are decorated
with different themes by different artists... pretty cool idea.  BUT,
beware, my friend got stuck in a room with murals of "winged transsexual
she-beasts."  so, you know, the place probably isn't everyone's cup of
tea.

http://www.carltonarms.com/

I've been more of an online music shopper since I moved to NYC, but I do
like Etherea (Ave A btw 4th and 5th streets), A1 Records (6 St btw 1st
Ave and Ave A), Other Music (4th St btw Broadway and Lafayette).  Dance
Tracks also usually has a decent Detroit/UR selection, but they treat me
like a prick every time I go in there so I stopped giving them business.