Hmmm

Record Stores:
(both on South St. & 4th)
611 ('tis ok, some good 'f00k trance' shirts
cue records (no techno really, just a lot of hip hop
and older things, people are a lot more friend than
611 IMHO, I've gotten some great old electro there)
philadelphia jazz/record exchange- i believe this is
on 5 & South
AKA Music really great used section of CDs, records, a
good selection over all- Second and Market

To do:
Next Friday is First Friday. This is when all the
galleries in Philly stay open late and most serve free
food, cheap wine, and people brouse the galleries.
This all happens in Olde City, stick around Market to
Race in between 2 to 5th. Check out the Lineage
Gallery on 2nd near Market, they have some great
stuff- they did a Ron English and Sam Flores show and
they just hosted a tour of Dr.Suess original
artwork/sculptures.(you'll find AKA just a few doors
down)

Grab a Philadelphia Weekly and City Paper for
happenings. There's lots of good pubs in philly and
lots of bad, big clubs just like any other city. If
you want to see some great neighborhoods I suggest a
walk between 14th to 23rd around walnut to south- old
and beautiful row homes and narrow, stone streets that
make Philly...well Philly. If you're looking for the
"Urban Outfitters-Brooklyn" end of things check out
Northern Liberties. It's far from the center of
things, but has some good pubs and places to eat (I
suggest Azure).

To be a scenester stop by The Continental and grab a
Buzz Aldrige (sp) martini- it's made with Tang with
you're on olde city enjoying 1st friday.

To eat...depends on where you are staying, there are
lots of good places to eat around the city, Morimoto
has a Japanese joint with AMAzing sushi, and there's
lots of little places here and there-Email with your
likings and we can get into specifics. Most of the
places everyone tells you to get cheesesteaks- they
arent the really good places to get them...just
tourist traps.
Pharmacia is good, it's all organic farm food and it's
on 3rd and Market- not too mention their barista is
amazingly wonderful (and not just because he's my
boyfriend:)).
Philadephia is a big grid, it's hard to get lost.
Museums your liking? check out the infamous Body Works
show going on at the Franklin Institute. On Sundays
the Philadelphia Art Museum has 'pay as you wish'
until 3 and a pretty amazing collection of Asian and
European art.

Hope this helps...everyone!

--- Adam Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I will be in the "City of Brotherly Love" this
> weekend, wondering if
> anyone has recommendations on any events that may be
> happening
> Saturday evening? Also, the normal tips...record
> shops, cool areas of
> the city, good hotels to check out?
>
> Any info is appreciated!
>
> Thanks a lot,