I'm playing with dan bell in philly on saturday ...

rizumu : saturday december 3rd : by funkshun
http://funkshun.us

LAVAZONE : http://lavazone.org/
LAVA is the Lancaster AVenue Autonomous space, a community center for
radical media and politics.
4134 Lancaster Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19104

10pm till late . 18 to enter . $10

sound by nofrills and eye don't know . video courtesy of full circle
delicious catering by cosmia, katelynn, jillface and becky

DJs:

DANIEL BELL aka DBX [7th City|Accelerate|Tresor:Berlin-Detroit]
http://daniel-bell.com/
http://inthemix.com.au/features/23336/ : recent interview

SPINOZA  [the Bunker:NYC]
http://klever.org/thebunkernyc/

FULL CIRCLE [Techsupport : Philly]

OWEN from ireland [Funkshun : Philly]

On 11/28/05 7:51 PM, "diana potts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hmmm
>
> Record Stores:
> (both on South St. & 4th)
> 611 ('tis ok, some good 'f00k trance' shirts
> cue records (no techno really, just a lot of hip hop
> and older things, people are a lot more friend than
> 611 IMHO, I've gotten some great old electro there)
> philadelphia jazz/record exchange- i believe this is
> on 5 & South
> AKA Music really great used section of CDs, records, a
> good selection over all- Second and Market
>
> To do:
> Next Friday is First Friday. This is when all the
> galleries in Philly stay open late and most serve free
> food, cheap wine, and people brouse the galleries.
> This all happens in Olde City, stick around Market to
> Race in between 2 to 5th. Check out the Lineage
> Gallery on 2nd near Market, they have some great
> stuff- they did a Ron English and Sam Flores show and
> they just hosted a tour of Dr.Suess original
> artwork/sculptures.(you'll find AKA just a few doors
> down)
>
> Grab a Philadelphia Weekly and City Paper for
> happenings. There's lots of good pubs in philly and
> lots of bad, big clubs just like any other city. If
> you want to see some great neighborhoods I suggest a
> walk between 14th to 23rd around walnut to south- old
> and beautiful row homes and narrow, stone streets that
> make Philly...well Philly. If you're looking for the
> "Urban Outfitters-Brooklyn" end of things check out
> Northern Liberties. It's far from the center of
> things, but has some good pubs and places to eat (I
> suggest Azure).
>
> To be a scenester stop by The Continental and grab a
> Buzz Aldrige (sp) martini- it's made with Tang with
> you're on olde city enjoying 1st friday.
>
> To eat...depends on where you are staying, there are
> lots of good places to eat around the city, Morimoto
> has a Japanese joint with AMAzing sushi, and there's
> lots of little places here and there-Email with your
> likings and we can get into specifics. Most of the
> places everyone tells you to get cheesesteaks- they
> arent the really good places to get them...just
> tourist traps.
> Pharmacia is good, it's all organic farm food and it's
> on 3rd and Market- not too mention their barista is
> amazingly wonderful (and not just because he's my
> boyfriend:)).
> Philadephia is a big grid, it's hard to get lost.
> Museums your liking? check out the infamous Body Works
> show going on at the Franklin Institute. On Sundays
> the Philadelphia Art Museum has 'pay as you wish'
> until 3 and a pretty amazing collection of Asian and
> European art.
>
> Hope this helps...everyone!
>

> --- Adam Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I will be in the "City of Brotherly Love" this
>> weekend, wondering if
>> anyone has recommendations on any events that may be
>> happening
>> Saturday evening? Also, the normal tips...record
> [...]

Bryan Kasenic
the Bunker
www.klever.org/thebunkernyc

440 Broadway, #3R