I've not discussed this with Matt Mcqueen (the other admin of 313) so
this is a trial balloon.

When I wade through the 313 admin mailbox, I notice that lots of
people get messages bounced from the 313 list because of the use of
various epithets George added to a bounce list many years ago,
including the ever popular f*ck and sh*t.

I've explained the rationale more than once, but again, this isn't
because we care what language you use, but to keep people who use work
e-mail accounts to read 313 from getting in trouble due to e-mail
filtering.

What I'm wondering is this: Is this even a relevant restriction at
this point?  This list restriction goes back to a time when it was
actually difficult to GET an e-mail account.

Taking the restriction off would cut out most of the bounced messages.
Since EZMLM doesn't even tell you that it's rejected your message,
most people are mystified when they send a message and it doesn't
appear on the list.

Then my job would be easier -- all I'd have to worry about is telling
people over and over to turn off rich formatting in Gmail, Hotmail,
Outlook, Thunderbird, etc, etc.

And since I'm lazy, would only those who would be negatively affected
by a removal of the curse filter reply to me privately? i.e. make sure
the 'To' address is [EMAIL PROTECTED], not 313 at hyperreal.org).
 If you're in favor of losing the filter, you don't need to reply.

Since this isn't a big deal either way, I'd be inclined to leave the
restriction in place if even a few people think it's still necessary.

Cheers, Kent