On 2/15/06, Tristan Watkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I suppose there's no point in picking holes in it really - it is their list,
> but these would be my ammendments. In my terms, it's basically just a list
> of people with fairly massive bodies of work who are generally left off of
> the 'American dance music legends' map, who should probably be there:
>
> 10. Ron Trent (arguable inclusion because surely he should be there rather
> than Chez D) 9. Joshua 8. Rick Wade 7. Romanthony 6. Alton Miller 5. Chris
> Brann (OK, so he's from Atlanta) 4. Gemini 3. Dan Curtin (OK, Cleveland) 2.
> Pal Joey 1. Wayne Gardiner

those are some good choices too, especially rick wade, alton miller,
and pal joey. from the article's list i would second chez damier and
the burrels.

for my picks: i think for the most part rob hood is criminally
overlooked by most people. he might not have a ton of releases, but
james duncan's stuff is really awesome and seemingly played by almost
nobody. andres is another person who should be on the cover of
magazines every time a new 12" drops, but again he is largely slept
on.

tom