----- Original Message ----- From: "Innes Macnee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 7:43 PM
Subject: Re: (313) the price we pay...

it's annoying when there's so many records you want to buy but have to leave half in the shop cos you can't afford them all but i think it's quite expensive to produce vinyl these days and with labels not selling a lot, i don't think there's much they can do about it

don't know about other countries but in the UK the price for an import 12 has been about the same since i started buying vinyl, about fifteen years ago (£7-£8), so i'm glad that the price hasn't increased, like it has for most things

Yeah, prices here have been quite stable I think, but did anyone else see that article in yesterday's metro about the UK music media purchased last year? For albums it was something like 99%+ on CD but for singles it was something like 52% mp3, 38% CD and 6% vinyl. I was really shocked to see vinyl still has such a big chunk of that market. The article also said it was the best year for music sales since 1998, but I think that meant for UK domestic artists, which is mostly just a reflection of Coldplay, Robbie Williams, James Blunt and Arctic Monkeys.

Tristan
=======
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk