I didn't enjoy May's set at all cos I was expecting disco and got
techno. If I'd been prepared for a techno set, I would have probably
loved it

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 17 February 2006 16:41
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: (313) RE: Derrick May

That's mad, I didn't enjoy Bicknell's set at all.

I agree about the small venue though. I'd previously only heard him at
places like Fabric, Turnmills etc & always felt that he was never as
good as I was expecting. At P.P I was dancing right next to where he was
DJing, & I finally realised why he such a good DJ. Let him play what he
wants in a small club with a loud system & you're laughing ! He knows
how to work those EQs & is quite handy with a Pioneer mixer. Obviously
the tune selection was dope too!

Btw - he was shaking everyone's hand that night & thanked my girlfriend
for dancing all through his set. Then at the end he said "you want one
f*cking more", & everyone shouted "one f*cking more!!" Then he dropped
Lil'Louis 'Blackout.'

I know it doesn't have much to do with the 'Falling Up' thread but I'm
enjoying reminiscing anyway  ;o)

                      "Paul Kendrick"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <313@hyperreal.org>

                      .com>                    cc:

                                               Fax to:

                      17/02/06 16:08           Subject:  RE: (313) RE:
falling up : cover or remix? / Derrick May

Yeah that's the night.

DM was good but no way the best I've seen him. Plastic People being so
small helps with the atmosphere and putting the music across.

I thought Steve Bicknell played a better set than DM....