On 22 Feb 2006, at 16:09, Brian Prince wrote:

Frank Frazetta (Vampirella; Molly Hatchet album covers (!!!)) and Joe
Kubert >(Sgt. Joe Rock; DC Comics) are definitely *not* techno, though.

Frazetta did covers for tons of SF and space opera, including Princess of Mars (techno as f*ck) by Edgar Rice Burroughs. Kubert made my list because
he was obviously a big influence on Oldham.

I'd say he was a massive influence on all the big 2000AD artists as well, Simon Bizzle, Kev Walker and Greg Staples spring to mind ---