OK people, how about if we talk about some Detroit-related music on this
list?!?

Has anyone else acquired the aforementioned compilation since it was
first mentioned? Would you like to volunteer your thoughts?

I do feel that Ai is really trying to lay a marker down in the direction
which the compilation seems to be pointing, although as I said, it's not
the only atmosphere you'll find on Ai records.

There is a distinct analogue, 'IDMish' tone in the music on that
compilation, a lot of it is mid-tempo and it's closer to electro than
techno. The emphasis on 'melancholy' rather than dark seems quite akin
to the 'classic' Detroit tone, as much as there is one (and of course
there are just as many exceptions in what we call 'Detroit techno'.)

Also let me ask this: which Detroit-associated artist(s) do you think
would fit most closely into this 'new direction' which Ai seems to want
to travel in?

Ken