> ps somebody needs to tell piccadilly that their soundclips
> are ridiculously low-fi and crappi. are they trying to
> accomodate 10 year old modems or something?

I discussed this with them a couple of years back - not because I find it an
issue so much [as being local I can just use the clips as a guide to what to
listen to in the shop :-) ] but just chatting really and although I guess
that means it was 8 year old rather than 10 and maybe they need to think
about moving up a notch or so now (as the last 2 years has seen a major
increase in broadband in the UK) the answer is basically yes - they found
that that quality was the best compromise in terms of reaching a balance
between people complaining about the lack of quality and people complaining
that it was too much and their systems couldn't cope!