Given what these things cost, I'm not sure why one wouldn't just get
Traktor on a laptop -- it's a much more flexible, easier to way to
mix.

That being said, I love mixing on the old Denon DN 2000s, because they
were really simple. Find your cue point once, instead of over and over
like with records, then drop the track in and tweak tempo.  I also
liked picking up the controller in one arm and tweaking with the other
hand. People would ask me what instrument I was playing.

Both Final Scratch and the fancy CD players with platters seem to me
to be trying to preserve a paradigm for mixing and beat matching
that's inappropriate to the technology.  Traktor is really easy to
beat match in, even if you ignore the 'automatic' beat matching.
And if you can't give up the wikki-wikki you can get Traktor with Final Scratch.

Of course, for me, the idea of paying hundreds of dollars for
something that REQUIRES you  to have turntables in order to mix is
kind of crazy.  That only makes sense in Ubercoolische world, where
the DJ equipment is something you specify in a rider, not something
you haul up and down stairs.

Once you learn to beat match in one medium it shouldn't be that hard
to transfer the skills to a new one. IMHO.