Current 93/Nurse With Wound/Coil and Sol Invictus may be worth a look then, although I recommend to listen before you buy as some of it may be a tad "way out" there - I'll have a dig through my collection and see if I can add more names to the list...

Have you tried Fire+Ice/Death In June stuff?

Nope not at all.

Thanks for the response. I got tired of vocals in dance music back in
the old times when all the vocalist were either screaming, wailing, or
trying to sound sexier than the next. Haven't really given in to vocals
fully since (barring the odd gripping track here or there). My girl is
waaaay into vocals though, so consequently I've been coming more round
to them. I've liked what I've heard of the folk/electro hybrid, as folk
singers tend to concentrate more on what they're conveying vocally than
the amount of sex (or any other type of)appeal in their voice. I'm
stoked about it (hence the collabo) and I'll definitely give those
recommendations a listen.

I'd agree, just look at what Cash did with Hurt, that track and video is one of the most moving things I've heard in a long time...I always thought Los Hermanos may move into this area...