while I love those three I have to disagree - Orton has written some very
nice pop tunes and she did a great EP with Terry Callier.  She's not the
best example of "folktronica" by any means.  Just the most visible and
accessible.  I wouldn't even associate her with the genre (if it even
exists).
I know what you're saying though, very Everything But the Girl in a way.

MEK

             "Dan Bean"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             o.uk>                                                      To
                                       313@hyperreal.org
             04/06/06 04:23 AM                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: (313) techno/house vs folk
                                       music

Avoid Beth Orton at all costs would be my advice. It's bland, insipid
coffee table snoozerama!

The only good thing she's done that I've heard is Spill - Don't Wanna Know
'Bout Evil

Plenty of good electronic folk out there with out recourse to her.

e.g.

Greg Davis
Animal Collective
Tuung