On 4/19/06, Kent Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The Detroit-Berlin connection that goes back almost 20 years should go
> without saying on the 313 list. It might not be to your taste -- and
> face it, 90% of every techno subgenre is derivative crap.  But it's
> not like there's no connection.

well, i dont hear the connection in this music like i do in other
stuff from berlin. i mean, im a huge basic channel, soundhack, etc
fan. i like the sleeparchive stuff too. you can hear it. this minimal
stuff  sounds more like progressive house, the music's crossover to
john digweed cemented that in my mind. for example, deep dish used to
have obvious connections to what happened in detroit and chicago.
where they are now, there's no connection. and thats about where
minimal stuff is these days, IMO.

tom