I was in Berghain 2 weeks ago and didn't see anything from what Roman was talking about. There was short queue on the door due to couple drunk dorks who were a bit too agressive and they were the only ones who i saw not getting in. and i totally agree with security guys with this one :)

ok, i was there together with my girlfriend, i don't have long hair and i am from Eastern Europe rather than Southern, but we got in quite fast. They did search people pretty carefully but that was not a big problem.

The club itself looked quite large and nice. Don Williams was doin some monoish techno, that was pretty boring to me but probably could appeal to some 313 purists :), so first hours i was spending in small room with DJ Sasse (Moodmusic) playing awesome electro, house and acid sounds. later came back to see Adam Beyer and was totally blown away from his set. Very futuristic techno, something like that nu-skool tech from no-future camp. not as crazy and sharp but very groovy and interesting indeed. the groove was totally oposite of pounding relentless beats :) . it kept us dancing for quite a while! The sound system is really good there.

didn't have enaugh energy to see Prosumer (Playhouse) and Mr. C playing as it was already arround 6 in the morning and we left to hotel. Watergate, Maria are also great clubs. and i can't skip Weekend and Sternradio who are located at the same building (one on 17th floor, and other in the basement) and happened to be just 200 meters away from our hotel.

very good place to check whats happening is http://www.de-bug.de (go to dates and enter dates and city)

visu labo
Ivars Mednis

Roman von Contzen wrote:
hi - one thing about berghain,
they seem to have a new door policy.
haven't been there for several months cause i in the meantime prefer the small - more secret - events.
i have heard many complaints about a new door policy at berghain.
if you approach the door make shure to not come as a group of more than two persons and make shure not to wear your hair too long...
if you look as if you're from southern europe - good luck!
some of the guys at the door have bald heads - so they might act like they look :-) club maria has some great acts all the time - but the audience changed - it's more like the little raver boys and girls now what i still like is watergate. good music and the right audience - and becks beer! for the record shops - besides of hardwax - make shure to check out space hall at zossener strasse - they have a great collection of cds and vinyl in the basement. the venues usually reveal their upcoming acts for the weekend between monday and friday night - so you might wanna check out the berlin listing at upcoming.org which i (regarding the partys) update on a daily basis - as soon as the info about the events arrive. this weekend we have the m-nus party, rob hood and john tejada in town and buzz goree on the radio.
and for the partys in general - no need to be there before two am...
better be her in july than in august! no matter if the loveparade is happening on the 15th - it will again be the biggest concentration from top djs from all over the world at loveweek.
anyway - have fun in berlin - and whatever you do - don't fall in love
roman/berlin/germany
www.energylab.de