----- Original Message ----- From: "fab." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "313" <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 9:51 AM
Subject: Re: (313) Anyone heard of these guys?

Tristan: what do you think of the TOM project? I think its OK.....slightly run of the mill Theo but still enjoyable. I admit though that i got it more for collecting than listening......

I actually really like it. I only vaguely recalled what it sounded like when I heard it in Theo Parrish's last set at Plastic People (although I remember really liking it), and then I was listening to that Theo Parrish and Rick Wilhite mix from late last year again two days ago, heard that track and realised it must be what it is. I guess hearing it in those two contexts leaves a pretty good impression, but also situates it where it is best meant to be heard.

I've been digging out some of my older, more neglected Theo Parrish records recently as well, and I reckon I'm yearning for this side of his sound. Gotta say I hear a fair amount of Omar-S in there as well too.

Tristan
=======
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk